Blog Assignment 9: A day of creatvity.
Posted by barroncuda | | Posted On Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 3:22 PM
A not so typical Thursday:

My day started when the alarm went off at 7am. Not exactly a morning person.

No morning is complete with out a cup (or two) of coffee...Who am I kidding? It's more like three.

I headed over to Whitespace gallery at 8am to help out with Sally Heller's installation.

Her show "In The Thicket Of It" opened Friday. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to work with her on this installation. It was great experiencing a professionals creative process and having the opportunity to be a part of it.

Afterward I headed to our Multimedia class where I spent most of the time discovering some pretty amazing Flash websites.

We all then headed over to Paste magazine. I <3 field trips!

That evening I headed over to Barnes & Nobles to get some inspiration for my olive oil bottle & package.

Designing Sustainable Packaging is a must read! The book is filled with amazing multifunctional package designs that blew my mind. I would have purchased it...but didn't exactly have $40 to spare. If you have a chance to check it out, it's filled with some awesome designs that are sure to inspire!

Rethink, Redesign, Reconstruct was another great book. The book is based on the notion that for every creative problem, there is more than one solution. Top designers were give the source files for preexisting designs and told to redo them. It really fun to see how different all the designs end up being even though the artists were given the exact same material and content.

Inspired by my finds at the bookstores, I headed home and starting sketching for my olive oil bottle. Very happy with my proposed design...just need to find an actually brand of olive oil to redesign now.

Post a Comment