The shapes used to showcase the town/market is working. I think the only thing that is disturbing is the sign's pole, and how it is going over the "g" and "e". It does create tension (some times it's good to do so), but I don't think this design is in need for tension.
Maybe create a little more space between the sign and the word "cabbagetown". So it doesn't feel congested. Just something to think about.
The shapes used to showcase the town/market is working. I think the only thing that is disturbing is the sign's pole, and how it is going over the "g" and "e". It does create tension (some times it's good to do so), but I don't think this design is in need for tension.
Maybe create a little more space between the sign and the word "cabbagetown". So it doesn't feel congested. Just something to think about.